We want our c
"Nothing will be impossible with God."
All stakeholders are fully committed to improving the quality of teaching and learning and individuals are keen to improve.
School Improvement Priorities 2021 - 2023
The areas for improvement for the 2021 - 2023 academic years are identified as:
Quality of Education:
Priority 1: Continued development of the curriculum
- Ensure a logically sequenced and coherently planned whole school curriculum which meets the needs of our pupils
- To improve the consistency of Teaching and Learning across Foundation Subjects.
- An embedded approach to retrieval practice across the curriculum.
Priority 2: Ensure that deployment and expectations of teaching assistants is appropriately matched to needs of children
- Address absence using appropriate procedures
- Develop system of Appraisal for non-teaching staff
- Review deployment of teaching assistants in line with EEF ‘Making the best use of teaching assistants’ guide
- Support professional development of non-teaching staff through engagement in high quality professional development activities and events
Behaviour and Attitudes:
Priority 3: Support sustained good attendance by all pupils
- Additional support and intervention for children experiencing Emotionally Based School Avoidance (EBSA)
Priority 4: Following the impact of COVID-19, reconnect as a whole school family and re-establish wider community links
- Re-develop links with external providers to support and enhance the curriculum offer.
- Links with other local schools
Priority 5: Develop mental health awareness and support across school for pupils and staff
- Promote and support good mental health and wellbeing amongst children
- Promote and support good mental health and wellbeing amongst staff
Leadership and Management:
Priority 6: To strengthen the effectiveness and accountability of Subject Leadership across the school
- A clear picture of the current position of Subject Leadership across school
- Increased knowledge and confidence in being an effective Subject Leader within a given subject
- Raised profile of the importance of effective subject leadership
- Increased accountability of Subject Leaders